Retirement Villages a subsidiary of AXA who have a number of office sites in Tunbridge Wells today shared investment plans with TWBC councillors to develop the ABC Cinema site in the centre of Tunbridge Wells.
The proposal includes:
- Signed off funding from parent company AXA to build and operate the development of retirement flats subject to planning permission being granted. This means all funding is from one source.
- Sustainable development with a 'whole life net-zero carbon' objective.
- Design with public access elements to integrate into the existing town centre.
- Detailed economic and technical feasibility completed ensuring issues encountered by previous developers of the site are not repeated.
- Extensive engagement with residents and businesses in Tunbridge Wells starting in the spring to help inform and shape the development design.
- This proposal has the key objective of ending the buy, plan and sell cycle of the ABC Cinema site.
Great work by Council Leader Cllr Tom Dawlings, the Cabinet and TWBC Officers in achieving this important investment outcome for the centre of Tunbridge Wells.